Lemons are very healthy, that’s common knowledge. They contain a high percentage of vitamin C, valuable antioxidants and other nutrients that are excellent for the prevention of diseases such as flu, runny nose, throat infections, bacterial infections, high blood pressure, indigestion and skin diseases. It has also been recently confirmed that lemon can also help prevent cancer.
Lemons also contain vitamins A, B1 and B6 as well as magnesium, bioflavonoids, pectin, folic acid, phosphorus, calcium and potassium, strengthening the immune system, caring for the liver and stomach and preventing premature skin aging and free radicals.
Why is lemon peel helpful for joint pain?
Almost half of the health-promoting active ingredients of lemon are in the shell. Since it tastes bitter, it is usually not used. With the lemon peel, therefore, valuable substances also end up in the garbage, which can prevent various diseases. Also in joint diseases, these are very helpful. In the shell, for example, lemon essence, citronella or phellandrene, citric acid, malic acid, formic acid and hesperidin can be found.
The lemon peel also has remarkable antiseptic and antipyretic properties. The volatile fragrance essences of the lemon zest are very effective against joint pain. Not only do they help to relax the blood vessels, they also have an anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effect.
How can joint pain be relieved with lemon zest?
Now that you know how healthy the shell is, you will surely use it in the future. To benefit from the benefits and to treat joint pain, we recommend the following home remedy:
• extra virgin olive oil
• 2 large untreated lemons
• eucalyptus leaves
• 1 small glass container with lid
• Pour the lemon peel into the jug and sprinkle with the olive oil until all the skins are covered. Add the eucalyptus leaves and close the glass jar. Let this mixture soak for 2 weeks.
• Then you can apply the oil to the painful area and cover it with a bandage. Then wrap with plastic wrap and a cloth.
• This treatment is best done in the evening for the remedy to work all night.
Lemon scarf tea
Another very useful remedy that will improve the results is lemon peel tea:
• 1 L of water
• the bowl of 2 untreated lemons and their juice
• honey (as desired)
• Boil the lemon peels in 1 L water for 15 minutes. Then add the lemon juice and sweeten with honey as desired.
Advantages of lemon peel tea
• Relieves joint pain.
• Flatulence and inflammatory bowel movements are reduced.
• Acts as a natural detoxifying agent.
• Alkalizes the blood.
• Strengthens the immune system and prevents against diseases.
• Improves skin health by eliminating sebum and stains.
• Reduces bad breath.
• Helps relieve tension and headaches.